Track My Miles!

Sunday, November 4, 2012

It's Official!

So I didn't want to write another post until I knew for sure - but now it's official!  I've received a bib number for the 2013 Boston Marathon!  Endicott College, my employer, received 3 bibs for the Marathon through a partnership with John Hancock.  The College's community received an email inviting all staff and faculty members the opportunity to have one of the bibs.  I figured I had nothing to lose; it's always been on my bucket list and when would I get another opportunity?  So I went to the meeting and my name was the last one picked!  It was meant to be. 

Endicott College - my office is in the building on the right!

Part of my challenge includes raising money to benefit the Keys to Degrees program, a program that puts a baccalaureate degree within reach for a young single parent who seeks a better life. I'm so honored to fundraise to help these students at Endicott.  Now I really have to put my butt in gear and start training! 

I began training in anticipation of getting a bib and I've just completed my second week of training and feel pretty great with my progress so far.  I have been following my running plan and today I ran about 1.6 miles.  I've been telling all of my friends and family and so far I've received great support!  There are some who question whether I'll be able to complete the grueling 26.2 miles, but in my heart I know my commitment and dedication will pull me through. 

This week I'll be registering for the race and will post a link to my fundraising page!

Just keep running...
mimi Xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment