Track My Miles!

Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year Resolutions

Whew..Sigh of relief.  The holidays are over.  I had a great Christmas, but I'm glad that the holiday craze has subsided so I can really focus on my training and diet come the new year.  I don't typically make New Years resolutions, and this year will be no different; I like to call them goals instead.  Of course, my goals include sticking to training, but I also want to have fun doing it, so that's a big goal of mine - to enjoy every second.

Tomorrow is a big day!  I will be running my longest run yet, 6.2 miles at the First Run in Lowell, MA.  I'm starting to get nervous but confident that my training and preparation will pay off.  Last week I ran my longest run so far, a little under 4 miles in 40 minutes.  It may seem insignificant compared to the 26.2 I'll be running in less than 4 months, but I'm so proud of that becuase I'm right on track with my training program.  When I started this 10 weeks ago, I could finish a 5K, but after 5 minutes of running, I had to walk before I could start running again.  Now I can run 40 minutes with no stopping! 

Before the College closed for Holiday break, I got cards from some of the students in the Keys to Degrees program.  It was a great reminder that I'm not just running for myself, but for all the parents who are working so hard to get a great education to better their children's lives. Whenever I feel like I just can't do it anymore, their words will keep me going!  Here are a few of the cards I received..  Wish me luck tomorrow!  I'll post my results as soon as possible!



 
Just keep running...
mimi Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment